With a crisp, earthy scent and proven cleansing properties, Melaleuca alternifolia, also known as Tea Tree essential oil, is not only one of Young Living’s most popular essential oils but is also one of the most versatile! Native to Australia, Tea Tree essential oil uses are popular for skin care, overall cleansing, and more. Whether you want healthier-looking skin and hair, or you want a clean and fragrant home,Tea Tree essential oil is a useful must-have.
Around the house
Moldy and musky odors lurk in dark spaces. Using cleaners and laundry solutions infused with Tea Tree oil will help banish bad odors and leave your house smelling clean and fresh from top to bottom.
1. No need to air your dirty laundry. Instead, freshen it up by adding 2-3 drops of Tea Tree oil to your favorite liquid laundry detergent for extra odor-fighting power.
2. For extra freshness, apply a few drops of Tea Tree oil directly on wool dryer balls to add a refreshing scent to clothes, sheets, and towels.
3. Are you worried about harmful chemicals and harsh additives in your household cleaners? Try making your own by adding 6 drops of Tea Tree essential oil, 4 drops of Lemon essential oil, ½ cup vinegar, and 3 tablespoons of baking soda to a glass spray bottle, then fill to the top with water. Shake to combine ingredients. Voila! This is a great all-purpose cleaner for everything from countertops to door knobs.
4. To tackle those tough sink and shower stains, make your own scrub by mixing one cup of baking soda, ¼ cup of liquid soap, and 10 drops of Tea Tree oil. To tackle stains, grab a washcloth or scrub brush and work it! Store the mixture in a jar.
5. Prepare for a relaxing, good night’s sleep with a homemade linen refresher. Just add 10 drops of Tea Tree oil to a 3-ounce glass spray bottle filled with water. Spray directly onto sheets, towels, and other materials for a bright scent. Sweet dreams!
6. Care for your furry friends with our Tea Tree essential oil-infused Animal Scents® Ointment.
7. If downward dog is making your yoga mat smell like the bottom of a cage, it’s time to give your yoga practice a boost with a good cleansing! Mix 1 cup of water, ¼ cup of witch hazel, 10 drops of Tea Tree oil and 10 drops of Lavender oil in a spray bottle. Spray down your mat after each session to maintain the clean, calming aroma.
8. Diffusing Tea Tree oil will help freshen your favorite gathering spot and keep it smelling crisp and pleasant all day. This is one of the most commonly used oils for eliminating musky odors.